Friday, April 18, 2014

Five Minute Friday # 2

“Mom, wanna see something cool?” Always. “Mom, this dinner is the best. Thank you.” No. Thank you. “Mom, I love you.” I love you too. They are my glue. Three little tubes of super glue that fix me when I'm broken. They also tend to break me. “Kids and parents don't go together. Ever.” “I just don't want you to talk to me anymore. Ever.” And the screaming tantrums that are unidentifiable. Being a mom is tough. My mom told me that. I get it now, and I wish I could tell her. That is the thing that sticks with me most nearly 8 years after she died. I wish I could tell her about each and every moment that I realize what she was talking about years ago. I wish I could show her that my children are a lot like me when I was a kid, sometimes as payback for how I was to her. They talk too much. They yell and stomp. And they love with their whole heart in ways that I never knew possible. Thank God for these blessings and for all children.

http://lisajobaker.com/five-minute-friday/

Five Minute Friday


3 comments:

Tammy@Fear Not said...

Awww....what a sweet tribute to our kids!

Anonymous said...

Yes, my kids are my glue too! Great words to remind me of the blessing of being a mom!

Unknown said...

This was so my day today!!! Thank you for sharing your story. We are a brave tribe who face as much attack from within as without. :) So glad to have linked up after you today.